Search This Blog

Friday, March 4, 2011

Lost

I have always been a firm believer that in order to find something that you're looking for you have to get thoroughly lost in order to do so.  I love just getting in the car and driving without any true heading.  It gives me a chance to totally lose all reality and be a little more abstract.  If I am lost I can be anywhere I want to be.  Someday soon I want to get a boat and just go.  Go out to sea and get totally lost.  It would be completely terrifying I'm sure but at the same time it would be freeing.  Just to be out there alone, only you and God.  For me it is like finding a place where life is more simple.  A place where I don't have to weed through all the small details. A place where I can see everything.  For me, getting lost, is like finding myself.  I have found that when I get lost I don't have anything to worry about.  I don't worry even about where to make my next turn, I'm just there.  It gives me the unique ability to just "be" in my truest form.  It is such a weird and outrageous sounding concept, to just "be".  But if you think about it, it can make sense, even if that can is a stretch.  We all try to be something, in one way or another.  We try to be good students or good friends and those are good things to be.  But what if we didn't have to worry about that?  What if? What would happen if we didn't have to try in any area of our life, maybe excluding Christianity for that sake of debate, and we could just be ourselves.  I always try to be myself in public and around everyone but honestly, I wouldn't be a remotely good student if I didn't have to be.  That is why being lost and being in a place that I know nothing about helps me.  It helps me find who I really am, because I am the only thing that I know when I am lost.  It's really a beautiful thing, getting lost in order to find yourself. Try it sometime.  When you have a few hours to burn, just go.  Get lost, not too lost, unless you have GPS.  But it will surprise you how great it feels to get to that place where you have no worries, and you'll be surprised who you find as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment