Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The No Face

So today I was walking down the street and I don’t know if it was because it was warmer than 20 degrees outside or if I was just being particularly observant but I noticed something.  Whether it is because they are comfortable or because they are stylish EVERYONE has a Northface jacket.  When I got into the classroom it became even more apparent when not just half the class had one but over 3/4 of the class were wearing them!  It just made me think, why do we subscribe to the labels that we do?  Is it because of function or fashion or just some undying need to be just like everyone else??  It is sort of scary to me really because what happens when the next big thing isn’t a jacket or a type of shoes or even a brand? What is going to happen when the next big thing is robbing banks or killing people?  Of course your mom always says if so and so jumped off of a bridge would you do it too, but there may be a lot of truth to that.  If we all are wearing the same thing all the time how can we tell each other apart?  Although who we are isn’t in what we wear it still is indicative of who we are.  Whether we are just like everyone else, we are different, we like to look sharp, or just like to be comfortable, what we wear tells a lot about us.  I’m not against looking good or wearing something that is nice, all I am saying is that we should think before we do things.  We should question ourselves on our decisions and actions before we blindly follow the crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment